New Vehicle Registration
The new vehicles within the jurisdiction of SDM (South) are registered in this office. File for new registration is available in this office on the payment of Rs 20/-. Vehicles are passed by the SDA daily Monday to Friday on all working days from 10.00 am to 11.00 am .
Forms Required :
1. Form No. 20 with latest photograph (for vehicle passing)
2. Form No. 21 (sale certificate issued by dealer)
3. Form No. 22 (Pollution certificate issued by dealer)
4. Form No. 34 (in duplicate) (in case of finance)
5. Form No. 60 if duplicate OR Pan card attested in duplicate
6. Temporary No. in original (issued by the dealer)
1. Chassis pencil print & engine pencil print (Plate print not acceptable)
2. Copy of valid insurance (Attested)
3. Residence Proof (2 Copies- Attested)
4. Date of birth proof (Attested copy)
5. VAT Paid Receipt, if vehicle is purchased from other State
6. Temporary number is valid for only one month if the vehicle is not got registered with in a month undertaking is for three months is required and if delay is for three months or more, police report from Chandigarh Police Head Quarter, Sector 9,Chandigarh is required.
7. If Special No booked then booking receipt "IN ORIGINAL" required with the file.
8. Undertaking for parking space & use in case of Transport/Heavy vehicle.
9. Self photograph.
Residence Proof as per Motor Vehicle Act, 1988 (Either of the following) -
1. Electoral Roll showing address.
2. L.I.C. cover note at least 6 months old with latest receipt or payment.
3. Valid Passport
4. Pay slip showing address/ employer certificate (in original) with identity card by any office of the Central Government or a State government or a local body.
5. Temporary number is valid for only one month if the vehicle is not got registered with in a month undertaking is for three months is required and if delay is for three months or more, police report from Chandigarh Police Head Quarter, Sector 9,Chandigarh is required.
6. If Special no booked then booking receipt "IN ORIGINAL" required with the file.
7. Undertaking for parking space & use in case of Transport/Heavy vehicle.
8. Self photograph.
Residence proof other than those provided in Motor Vehicle Act, 1988 with :
Affidavit duly attested by Notary/ Magistrate. (Either of the following) -
1. Latest Telephone Bill (BSNL landline only).
2. Latest Income Tax Return showing address with PAN number.
3. Certificate issued by the Hostel Wardens in case of student residing in Hostels.
4. Marriage Certificate issued by the Registrar of Marriages.
5. Residence Certificate issued by the Chandigarh Administration.
6. Rent Deed/ Rent Agreement registered with Sub-Registrar of Chandigarh.
7. Police Report form the concerned SHO.
8. House Allotment Letter issued by Chandigarh Administration/ Government Department/Local Body.
9. Ownership Letter issued by the Estate Office/Chandigarh Housing Board.
10. Senior Citizen Identity Card issued by the Social Welfare Department, U.T.,Chandigarh.
11. Identity Card issued to the Ex-servicemen, by the Zila Sainik Board.
12. Certificate of Registration of Firm showing address.
13. Certificate of Registration of Firm/VAT Certificate issued by the Sales Tax Department showing address.
14. Ration card/Voter card with undertaking.
15. Parents address proof with undertaking in case applicant is minor or dependent.